Saturday, 2024-05-18, 11:29 PM
Cream Bun CommunityMain Home

Registration Register

Login Login
Welcome Guest
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: ScottishRoss  
CBC Forum » VCBC Subforum » General Discussion » Tactics (Lets discuss strategies and plans for certain situations)
Tactics
RoomdarDate: Saturday, 2013-09-21, 12:00 PM | Message # 1
Nubcake
Group: Users
Right.. So imagine a very common sight: Your platoon has an (amp|tech|bio) station secure and all is going well. But then 'they' come along in all their blobby glory and take the generators down and are capping the point(s). They now have a slight pop advantage and we normally struggle to find a plan that will work (i know i do, hence why i go quiet as i'm there figuring out a plan).

So I figure that if VCBC are to become more organised to deliver more Red stopping power. A couple of templates for situations as they arise could be very helpful:

Plat leaders can use a tactic that has worked in the past
Plat members can learn what to do when a tactic is in play.
Helps team cohesion and when it works. its fucking awesome!

I think the best way to do this discussion is to have a scenario at the top and people post on their response. We can whittle down the pros and cons of each and (hopefully) come up with a nice, simple plan that could work really well.

So, As the first one. My scenario above:

Amp Station Defense:
  • They have one full Platoon + some randoms
  • A is Flipped in their favor
  • A is well defended
  • Main Generators are down and being defended.

Assume you have a plat of at least 3 full squads (Covers most of our plats) + randoms

PURE_WEALTHDate: Saturday, 2013-10-19, 9:30 PM | Message # 2
Nubcake
Group: Users
This is easy, and there are multiple ways of doing it. Keep in mind that in a situation where the enemy has the point, the point should always be the main objective.
The first is probably the most effective - recall warpgate, MAX up (6-3-3 MAX-Medic-Engineer per squad) and load into Galaxies. Drop on top of the Amp Station and enter through the top rear hatches, collecting at the elevators before moving in. Then take the catwalk by storm, destroy terminals and clear the whole place out.
Another method is to MAX up in spawn and take the tunnels to the SCU, where you can either send a squad of heavies out the back door to hunt Sunderers or send the full force straight to the point, choosing one stairwell to move up rather than going up both.
Another, slower way which is far better for proportional allied numbers and plenty of time left on the capture is to take one of the shield tunnels and take the generators from the high ground, one at a time. The issue here lies within the fact that there are usually not enough members to send in to take back the point while also holding generators.

When in doubt, MAXes out.

CBC Forum » VCBC Subforum » General Discussion » Tactics (Lets discuss strategies and plans for certain situations)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free website builderuCoz